Monday, November 18, 2013

song

One Piece at a Time by Johnny Cash and it didn't cost me a dime...Well, It's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '54, '55, '56 '57, '58' 59' automobile...

Mostly I don't have a song in my head. Only 3 or 4 occasions this fall have I had a song in the head. I think it's a good sign. Mostly I listened to music when I was sad so when I feel saddest the music comes back.

When I do have songs in my head it seems to be from childhood as if I've not been porous since, apart from advertising jingles that ring through every day and those are spurred by puns or words that overlap with conversation incidentally. Or provoked by things playing off it, like bus advertisements that write R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which spurs the song as it wouldn't if just all caps without the dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment